Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Snail Mail

When I was a kid, I loved getting mail. And sending mail. We lived in the country, we had a huge big mailbox that I passed each day to go to the bus, and getting the mail was the highlight of my day. I had penpals from all over the world. 

I remember one time I entered a competition with the local telephone company and WON! The prize was to speak (on the telephone... no skype or ichat in those days!) to a nominated person overseas. I chose my penpal of 5 or so years from Sweden. We chatted for about 20 minutes... It was hard going, her English was good, but not that good... parts of the conversation were very stilted and it didn't help that the phone was connected to the wall in the kitchen and the privacy was non existent. Ahhh... life is so different now... (oooh I sound old now!)

Anyway, I tried to track her down a year or so ago... never found her. We wrote to each other for 21 years... so amazing... Somewhere amongst all my stuff is the box of all her letters... 

But what I am getting to... even though it's taking me a looooong time, is this:




our new beautiful handmade envelopes! They are very lovely. On a lovely parchment type stock, we lovingly designed them, handcut and they come with a set of sticky dots to seal them when you post.

The back of the envelopes say "Words have wings"
I wrote this because I believe that words have the ability to give our spirits wings... we are happy to recieve words of love, encouragement, praise... kind words lift our spirits... and they are so very easy to share.

I still, to this very day, LOVE to get snail mail. It is sooo much nicer than an email. I love the speed of emails and the simplicity of it, but the old fashioned surprise in the letterbox is definitely something I will always love.

How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment